If you are aware of the blogging craze and wonder what steps to start a blog are. There are many steps to blog, but if you don’t know where to start, you could easily spend weeks or months trying different methods without seeing any results. Here, we will show you how to get started with your blog to start making money online right away.
Before getting to know how to start a successful blog, you first understand what blogging is and its associated benefits.
WHAT IS BLOGGING?
Blogging originated as an online journal and encompassed various interests, ranging from the serious to the silly. A blog is essentially a personal weblog (that is, a place where you can “type away”) – it is a means to channel your thoughts and ideas through the medium of the Internet.
Today, blogs offer an array of new possibilities for those who want to put together a group of blogging related posts; indeed, there are dozens of established websites dedicated to hosting blogs, some with regular daily or weekly updates, and others that have elaborate themes with weekly or monthly rotating blog posts.
HOW DOES BLOGGING WORK?
If you want to venture into blogging or blog writing, you can take several different routes. Most websites allow you to host your blog for free; some may even let you add in other functionality through the use of plugins – though these vary widely from one website to the next, and you will need to check their terms of service carefully before becoming a paying customer.
Some websites also offer hosted services through the use of “blog-lets,” or small single page websites containing only a single static file – the blog. Some websites offer hosted services exclusively, but these usually mean that you will not control your content. Your blog will not be able to interact with any of the features offered by the website.
The most popular blogging platforms today are WordPress, blogger, Technorati, and TypePad. There are dozens of other less popular but still useful blogging platforms available, but those are most commonly used. If you’re looking to write about how to start a successful blog, it’s best to start with a WordPress platform, as it’s simple and easy to use templates make it ideal for many different types of bloggers.
While heading on your blogging journey, you can take a hint from already running blogs and the tips that the blog-owners share. Two of such blogs belong to Mr. Harsh Agarwal (ShoutMeLoud) and Mr. Pritam Nagrale (MoneyConnexion). They both share tips for beginning a blog on their blogs and making it profitable enough that it pays your bills and avails you with worthy earnings. You can follow their real-time advice to run a money-making blog all by yourself. Their advice will guide you on a path they’re following through which they earn significantly through their blogs only.
TOP FIVE BENEFITS OF BLOGGING
Mr. Harsh Agarwal and Mr. Pritam Nagrale represent the top five blogging benefits, and it will clearly explain how blogging allows you to grow.
The benefits of starting a blog are very easy to spot. As the name suggests, blogging is a way of keeping oneself updated with all the latest happenings around. It is an apt way to make friends and interact with people from different parts of the globe. Moreover, it serves as a mechanism through which you can display your talents and expertise to the entire world.
Although you are thinking of starting a blog on your own, here are some of the benefits of starting a blog that you should know.
- Enables You to Brand Yourself
One of the biggest benefits of blogging for business owners is that you can brand yourself through your blog. This is done through keyword optimization and link building. This can also be done with social media marketing techniques.
For example, if you use Twitter, you can brand yourself as a business owner who is very active on the Internet. Other tactics include SEO keyword optimization and blog directory submissions.
- Allows You to Help Others
One of the benefits of starting a blog is that it helps you turn yourself into an expert. You can help others to learn about the things that you know quickly and effectively by blogging regularly.
This will help you climb up the world’s ranks as soon as you start blogging and can even help you bag a high paying job in the future.
- Makes You More Marketable
Another one of the benefits of starting a blog is that it makes you more marketable. You can easily make money through advertisements posted on your blog. This can help you make money online by simply blogging, and you can make money through these ads.
- Builds Up an Extensive Network for You
The next benefit of blogging is that you will build a network of contacts to get better deals and more business. If you own a blog, you can include links to your blog in emails, chat conversations, forum discussions, etc. You will be building a network of people who can help you with your digital marketing activities.
Therefore, by using your blog as a vehicle for digital marketing activities, you can expect to enjoy many benefits. This includes the benefits of increased traffic to your website. You can also enjoy the benefits of improving your writing skills and enjoy better business deals.
- Avails You with a Medium to Earn
Another advantage of blogging for business owners is traffic generation. When you use an effective marketing strategy such as blogging, you are creating backlinks to your site. These backlinks will be from other sites that are interested in what you have to say. Besides, traffic can get generated simply by linking your blog to your website or marketing piece.
The more traffic you create, the more enabled your blog earns. And, it soon begins to grab the attention of businesses and companies relating to the same genre, and through backlinks and marketing strategies, you can earn from these companies through your blog.
After discussing blogging basics, let’s now discuss how to start a successful blog in detail.
10 PROVEN STEPS ON HOW TO START A SUCCESSFUL BLOG
Here are the steps to start a blog:
- Decide on a Niche
What do you wish to focus on with your blogging efforts? What does your niche have to offer? Are there things you wish to talk about? What interests you? Answers to all these questions will lead you to pick an appropriate niche for yourself.
Be it travel, business, corporate, real estate, politics, tips & tricks, life hacks, or anything else, you can choose the blog niche of your choice and go on to pick a domain name justifying your niche.
- Decide What Type of Domain Name You Will Have
If you are building a blog to generate income online, you will likely be looking for a web hosting solution as well. Domain names come in both free and paid versions. The free version is best if you want a simple blog site, while the paid version is best for those hoping to monetize their blogging sites later.
Choose a domain name that is easy to remember and type so that more and more audiences can reach you through it. Your domain should be clear enough to represent the purpose of your blog. Otherwise, your readers will be disappointed if they will not see anything relatable.
Also, while choosing a domain name, remember that you keep SEO tactics in mind. Don’t pick a name having two same alphabets coming together, and avoid using a dash and hyphens. These tips will simplify your URL, and it will help in attaining a better user experience.
- Choose Your Web Host
It is necessary to opt for a web hosting for your blog, as these are the servers that offer you the space your blog needs to survive and live. Also, it stores your website in a way that it can get accessed on the larger web. In simple words, a web host enables others to see your website or blog, including you.
Some blogging platforms are easier to use than others, and some web hosts allow you to upload your content directly to their servers, which is much more convenient. Some web hosts also have tools that will automatically ping your posts across all their servers.
You’ll have to do some research to figure out what each hosting platform offers. Many major hosting platforms are free to use. But don’t save money while choosing the web hosting platform, and paying some money here will offer you long-term comfort.
Some of the best web hosts that offer affordable packages and great services are:
Out of these three web hosting platforms, Hostinger turns out to be the best of all. It offers great packages for bloggers and also comprises an easy procedure to buy the most favorable package.
Let’s check out quick steps to see the ways to buy hosting and domain:
- Fix up a domain name for your blog.
- You can choose a new (free) domain or an existing one.
- Fill in your account details.
- Choose a suitable package for yourself.
- Select the right payment mode.
- And complete your hosting purchase.
- Pick a Suitable Blogging Platform
There are thousands of blogging platforms available to bloggers. Which ones are free, and how easy are they to use? What pros and cons each blogging platform offers you?
Some of the more popular blogging sites are WordPress, blogger, MySpace, and Tumblr. Each platform has pros and cons, which you will need to research before deciding on one. Some blogging platforms provide all of your tools in a single location, while others require that you go through multiple steps to get everything you need.
WordPress turns out to be the best blogging platform to run your blog. Here are the steps to install WordPress to operate your blog more conveniently:
- Download the WordPress package, and unzip the file.
- Generate a database for WordPress through your web server.
- You can even opt for being a MySQL user and use all the privileges to modify and access the same.
- After this, upload your WordPress files to the defined location available on your web server.
- Be attentive while uploading the files and keeping track of whether you want to upload in the root directory or a subdirectory.
- Now begin the process of WordPress Installation Script by reaching the URL associated with the web browser. It should turn out to be the URL where you intend to upload the WordPress files.
- Choose a Suitable WordPress Theme
When you plan to make your blog what you want it to be, you have to consider your potential readers’ needs and how often you plan on updating them. You need to think about whether your blog will cater to a niche market or be a general website that anyone can visit.
If you think about targeting a specific group of people, then your theme must reflect this. This will ensure that your visitors feel welcome and part of a group. It would be great if your blog has all these bells and whistles, but then it wouldn’t be worth your while. Instead, look for normal designs that are easy to navigate.
The less confusing it is, the more likely your readers will keep coming back. The whole point behind your blog is to provide useful information for your readers, so you shouldn’t make it too hard for them to use!
One of the best-functioning WordPress themes that offer a great user experience is the GeneratePress theme. The good thing about that theme is that it is available in a free version and a pro version. You can choose the one that suits you the best. GeneratePress theme offers performance-based solutions to all the bloggers. Thus it enables better accessibility and stability. It also turns out to be a responsive, lightweight theme that runs on laptops and mobile effectively. The search engine optimized theme is enough to fulfill all your blogging purposes flawlessly.
If you are confused about how to buy this theme, let’s check out the steps to do the same:
- Open generatepress.com, and scroll down the page.
- There, you will see two packages. One of $59 and another of $249.
- Check out the features and choose the package suitable for you.
- Click on the ‘Get Started’ button.
- Then, you will get led to the payment page.
- Choose the payment mode over there, and fill in the asked details.
- Click on the ‘Purchase’ button, and that’s it.
- You’re done with the theme-buying procedure.
- Go Ahead with Choosing the Right Page Builder
Are you interested in customizing your WordPress blog better? If yes, you must opt for drag & drop WordPress page builder plugins offered by WordPress itself very easily. These builders allow you to generate, edit, and customize your site layout without getting you into writing any complicated code.
Opting for a page builder is optional. Still, if you are searching for a well-functioning page builder, then opt for Thrive Architect Page Builder, and make the management and editing of your WordPress blog the easiest.
- Put Your Best Efforts While Creating Blog Posts, About Us & Disclaimer Pages
Let’s check out the quick tips to post these elements one by one.
A. What to Know While Creating a Blog Post
- Understand your audience before creating a post.
- Choose to write attractive headlines and sub-headlines.
- Increase clarity by adding appropriate subtitles.
- Use shorter paragraphs while writing a post.
- Don’t forget to use bullet points while writing.
- Add images to your post for a better user experience.
- Optimize your post & site for SEO purposes.
- Remember to add a clear Call-to-Action to your post.
B. What to Know While Creating ‘About Us’ Page
- Reveal to your audiences what you have for them.
- Unleash your Vision, Mission, and Value statements properly.
- Mention information about your team (if any).
- Optimize your site page properly.
- Add social proof to make it look more believable.
- Add a Call-to-Action statement at the end.
- Keep on updating these policies regularly to reflect the changes in your protocols, the law, and business.
- Add a notification to update your viewers of changes while mentioning the effective date of the same.
- Remain transparent and stick to your commitment, as mentioned in your user privacy guidelines.
D. What to Know While Creating’ Disclaimer Page
- Mention all the liabilities regarding the products or services you are offering.
- Warn or inform consumers about all the hazards and dangers auspicated with your product or service.
- Also, include the specific risks concerning the same.
8. Use the WordPress Plugins in the Right Manner
WordPress Plugins are extremely effective when it comes to running an engaging website or blog. Plugins turn out to be the building blocks related to a WordPress site or blog. These Plugins help in bringing essential functions to your site.
Be it related to adding contact forms, SEO features, site speed, email opt-ins, or creating an online store, Plugins help in everything. Any changes your website craves for, Plugins can offer all of them.
But, it is challenging to choose an effective Plugin out of the infinite Plugin pool. That’s why we are enlisting the top four WordPress Plugins for you to let you utilize the best for your blog and get apt results.
- SEO Plugin – Rank Math or Yoast SEO Plugin
- WP Contact Us Page Plugin
- Jetpack Security Plugin
- Images Optimization Plugin
All of these Plugins perform different tasks, and their names clarify their purpose. So, to make your blog perform at its best, you can choose all of these Plugins to serve SEO, contact, privacy, and image-optimization purposes, respectively.
9. Integrate with Efficient Keyword Research Tools
With the increasing number of websites over the Internet, it is natural to see the importance of keyword research and marketing tools. As more websites are created each day, competition is becoming stiffer.
The best way to ensure your website gains prominence among search engines is to choose the most appropriate keywords. Keyword research tools can help you come up with the right keywords for your website and help you analyze your competitors.
There are different ways in which you can use these tools. The first and foremost thing it will do is to make your work much easier. If you happen to be a rookie in internet marketing and have not come up with your ideas about how you want the website to look, you can use one of the many great tools to help you develop the right and eye-catching design for your site.
You can then make the necessary modifications once you are fully satisfied with the end product. For example, if you are on a blog post, you can make the necessary changes in the title, body, and even the links and keywords to make your blog post as good as a keyword of plenty of keywords research tools, SEMrush turns out to be the best-performing one. SEMrush stands out as an all-accomplished tool to elevate the online visibility of your blog or site. It helps in discovering powerful marketing insights. The tools & reports offered by SEMrush help the digital marketers who work in multi-faceted sectors, such as keyword research, SEO, PR, PPC, Competitive Research, SMM, Marketing Insights, Content Marketing, and Campaign Management, etc.
10.Create Backlinks Through Your Blog & Increase Your Google Ranking
If you are blogging, then you will need to know how to create backlinks, otherwise, you won’t get any visitors to your site, and no one would ever come to know about your blog site.
Creating backlinks is just the same as promoting other people. It’s through your blog. You have to make an attractive link back to another web page on your blog or website. If the web page owner allows you to do so, that is the best type of link you can provide.
Just take care of the relevance of the links to your blog and your website. It would help if you made sure that the other web page owner will appreciate your mention.
There is no hard and fast rule as far as how to create backlinks. You need to find other websites that will also allow you to do so. Once you find such websites that will allow you to use their resources and post your links there, that is the best place for you to begin with.
By following this procedure in the right way, you can directly elevate your Google Ranking. Tools like Google Sitemap, Google Analytics & Google Webmaster Register, etc., can help you perform better and, in turn, grow your Google ranking on the Internet.
EARNING MONEY THROUGH BLOGGING
Start Cashing in with Google AdSense
Google and other big-name advertising companies have built huge ad networks into their blogging platforms. If your content is good, these advertisers will be happy to pay you money for it.
If you want monetization options beyond Google’s systems, you may want to look into setting up an account at another advertising network. Each network has different monetization options, so you’ll want to decide what you’re most interested in.
Here are the eligibility criteria pointers for you to apply for Google AdSense:
- First, understand that Google is extremely serious about the rules and regulations it has affixed with AdSense.
- To apply for the same, you should be a minimum of 18 years old.
- You should have an active Gmail account that is not yet linked to an AdSense account.
- And most importantly, you should have a running website or blog fulfilling all Google’s terms.
The factors that can enhance your chances of getting approved:
- Ensure that your website is a minimum 3-months old while you sign up for Google AdSense.
- Confirm that you have at least 30 blog posts published while applying.
- You don’t need a specific traffic volume, but the more traffic, the more favorable it will be for you.
Here’s how you can apply for an AdSense account:
- Visit the Adsense website: www.google.com/adsense/start.
- Now, sign in to your Gmail account.
- Click on the sign-up link sent by Google to register your AdSense account.
- Fill in the details, including your site and email address.
- Integrate your site or blog with AdSense by inserting the code provided within the <head> section of your website.
- Wait for an approval notice to come. It can take up to two weeks.
- After approval, you can begin generating ad revenues to avail of monetary benefits through your blog.
Earn More by Becoming an Affiliate
Blogging helps you become an affiliate. This is especially important if you plan to start a blog to earn money as an affiliate. Blogging as an affiliate means that you will sell other people’s products or services.
All you need to do is create a blog post and attach links to others’ websites or products. If anyone buys that service or product while clicking through your blog, you will earn a considerate amount of commission through it. This will help you earn some commission for every product or service that you sell.
Now that you have known all the necessary details about starting a blog, you can click here and avail of the mentioned services within a fraction of seconds.
Good luck with your new blog and aspirations! Follow us on Instagram
My name is (Prakash K) I am the founder of ProBloggingIdea, a Passionate Blogger and Digital Marketer, who love to share informative content on Blogging, Technology, Affiliate marketing, Passive income ideas, and Pro blogging idea.
Contact Us – firstname.lastname@example.org